Friday, September 14, 2012

Days of reflection


These are days of festivities, days of joy, days of blessing, days of gratitude for everything I have.
Yes, this is going to be a little sentimental….it usually happens to me on my birthday. I celebrated my 34th birthday yesterday and this year it fell on Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year) so there….
These are days of reflection, the past year so much has happened and changed my life.

In the past year:
·        I was pregnant. it was amazing, exhausting, exhilarating,difficult and blessed.
·        I gave birth.  a perfect labor, moving to tears, painful, natural and wonderful, through which I realized the power of Reiki and how much it is part of my life.
·        We started renovating the old house on the farm and turning it into our dream home. After years of deliberation and hesitation and various obstacles we decided that here is where we want to stay, surround by acres of arid land just asking for love, creation and new energy.
·        I spent six months of intense, daily work in the studio and another six month where I barely stepped foot in the place.
·        I watched my little girl grow and blossom like I never saw before. She made new friends; fell in love with the world of fairies and fairytales as well as with a boy in her kindergarten.. She's growing and changing and is so wonderful.
·        Gefen was born and we began our journey together. The first year of her life. I learnt to know her, her needs, her sensitivities and her need to always be close to Mummy. I love her with all my heart.
·        I tried to keep my Etsy store up and running. but it was different, the lack of time spent in the studio was taking its toll and sales were understandably less than before but I have faith things there will go back to how they were before.
·        Gili and I dealt with two huge "projects". Raising a little baby (certainly life changing) and renovating the house which Gili did by himself. It's exciting, challenging and mostly difficult.
·        There were moments I just wanted to leave everything and take off to the mountains for a day or two. On my own.
·        I found myself on quite a few occasions with tears in my eyes. Tears of gratitude to the universe. For everything it has given me.
·        Oh, I also started a blog. I love it.
Just want to say thank you. 

Happy New Year!
Maayan

Happy New Year in Hebrew



2 comments:

  1. So much in one year!! Love your exciting post.
    Shana Tova♥
    Orly

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sis,
    It was very exciting to read this post...

    I love your blog!
    and love you!
    wish the following year would be even better! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete