Monday, October 8, 2012

Studio Time – lampworking



These days I am fairly limited with my studio time… the girls are on holiday and we spend time pleasantly at home and in the surrounding nature. Gili is working around the clock so we can move into the new house before the beginning of winter. (This renovation is taking forever, sometimes it seems like the long awaited move will never happen…)

Yet here I am, trying somehow to find time for all the things I want to make. And there are a lot of those. I'm working simultaneously on three difference collections: new glass beads in warm inviting autumn colors, my jewelry collection and my new baby "Bindu collage dreams" – soft pictures with a scent of vintage for children's rooms…(I hope to post some pictures soon). 
So much to do and so little time… sometimes I find it hard to focus with so many ideas running around in my head, that is why I was so happy to have been approached by an American Jewelry artist, asking me to work together with her. 
She has "forced" me to focus on my work in my glass corner of the studio. :-)
The client looked through my store and chose beads that she liked and that suit her work. I love collaborations like these. In the past I have had contact with a number of jewelers and I enjoyed it very much.
Here are some of the beads she chose. Some I custom made for her and some were already in my store. I can't wait to see how she incorporates them in her beautiful work.

Also, finally, after a few weeks I have added new beads to the store. it's always fun to add and renew.



The upcoming week is planned for "studio time" – preparing new glass beads, making new pictures made from the pretty vintage paper I have recently purchased. And one day set aside just for photographing the new girl chains and my new "Bindu Collage Dream" collection.


Wishing you all a creative and love filled week!
Maayan

No comments:

Post a Comment